Business Basics “Understanding The Money Side Of Your Business In 2020 And Beyond!”
Date: Saturday, February 1, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: The Studio: 13275 E. Fremont Pl. Suite #370
PPC Member Cost: $45 (Attend PPC event 1-4 hours (merit for each attended) – 0.5)
Non Member Cost: $55
This is a 1-1/2 hour turbo class of information to help you with bookkeeping tips, systems, and IRS requirements to help you maintain and organize your books and business systems. There will be 30 minutes at the end of the class for Q &A.
Here’s what will be covered in the class:
- Best bookkeeping system/software to use
- Setting up a system and how to organize
- Reading and understanding financial statements
- Paying your estimated income taxes
- Best practices against fraud when outsourcing your bookkeeping or hiring an employee for in-house bookkeeping
- Sales and Use Tax basic tips and information
- IRS forms W-9 and 1099-MISC
- QuickBooks tips for users that already use QuickBooks
- Bring your burning questions, and Peggy will do her best to answer them during the Q&A time.
Peggy is not a CPA and is not qualified to give tax advice so save those questions for your CPA or Tax person. Due to time constraints, she will NOT be teaching basic accounting fundamentals, nor HOW to use QuickBooks per se.
Peggy Lee of PeggySuz Studio is a portrait and personal branding photographer located in Centennial, CO. Prior to starting her photography business and studio, she was an Accountant turned Controller, for varied businesses since 1982. She has over 35 years of accounting and business experience and have had my own bookkeeping service since 2004, serving clients in a wide variety of industries from veterinarians, orthodontists, dentists, electricians, contractors, fitness equipment installation company, business coaches, attorneys, non-profit organizations, trucking broker, and software developers. She still serves a small and select number of bookkeeping clients to this date, but her main business income is derived from her photography business.